In the month before our move to KC people started giving me chairs. 3 great chairs from Mike Emmert of Count the Cost ministries...they are wonderfully comfortable chairs and fit into my decor perfectly. 6 outdoor chairs from Brent Foulke of Stadia for my deck. 6 Dining room chairs from Lori and Jim Cooke for my new dining room. These chairs were all gifts and they were all brand new. I am thinking that God is expecting that I will be having lots of visitors. And if the first 10 days in this house is indication of what the next few years will be like, God's provision of chairs is right on time...HE is SO FAITHFUL.
Here are our visitors over the last 10 days:
- My parents...who helped us move here.
- My sister Judy, and her husband Jeff and my niece Lindsey, who helped us paint.
- Troy's Parents Val and Gene who stayed for 4 days and did lots and lots of work around the house.
- A neighbor, Penny, who came over to bring a whole meal. Lasagna, two salads and bread sticks. Delicious. AND she has a 5 year old daughter who Judiann has played with now...twice!
- Troy's brother, Mark, wife Lisa and daughter Kaylee and boyfriend Zac...we ate the neighbors lasagna dinner on our patio.
- Another neighbor, Jeff...who stopped by the garage to say hi and Troy said... "wait a minute, do I know you?" The answer was yes, Jeff and Troy had just met several weeks ago when Troy and Dave consulted with his church Good Shepherd United Methodist Church about multi-site. Then Jeff brought his wife by later with brownies.
- Sharon Stockton of Northland Mission Church with cake and flowers welcoming us to the Northland.
- The painter who came to give me an estimate who, as it turns out, is huge into church planting and was part of a church plant here in the Northland called North Heartland Community Church.
- Kent and Cherilyn our new best friends in the Northland. Kent has helped us over the months in so many many ways. They own a coffee shop nearby called A Cup Above. We are discussing ways to partner with the coffee shop which is really a ministry.... more to come on that. Very exciting stuff.
- Gretchen and Cliff brought us the worlds best homemade cookies. We met them at NACC in July. They brought over their two delightful kids...who immediately got into our hearts. They live very close to us.
So come and see us, we definitely have enough chairs.