Some of our potential KC church planting team members had dinner together last night on the plaza in downtown KC. The temperature was 71 degrees, the trees were in bloom, the outdoor patio of the restaurant was open and the torches were lit outside. The city looked "sexy." Seriously, KC was rolling out the welcome mat for our team last night.
Some of the statements made by potential team members over a great Mexican dinner at Baha 600:
- "Raising money is freaking me out!"
- "I feel closer to God these past few weeks while I have been considering taking this risk then I have ever felt in my life."
- "I want to believe in a God that would ask me to risk it all."
- "I never thought I would be here having this conversation."
- "It is beginning to feel like it would be disobedient to God to say no to this."
- "If you like the people you are working with, the paycheck doesn't matter."
- "The day after Troy asked me to consider this opportunity and I realized it involved raising support, I got a $500 check in the mail from someone who said that God told him to send me this money."